· We wish; But there is not. If so, all of our negotiations with the carrier would be easy, fun, and cordial, like simply dialing for dollars
· Instead, negotiations with the carriers often first seem like a chess match. Then, if not resolved, a war.
· Medical bills, lost wages, the types of injuries suffered, permanency, and property damage all play a role in determining the case value
· Pain and suffering, if argued effectively, will drastically increase the case value
· Your attorney’s reputation will impact the settlement value. Don’t choose a lawyer that does not litigate because the insurance carrier will know that and will take that into consideration when evaluating a case for settlement and during negotiations.
· Call Portner & Shure today for a free consultation if you’ve been injured in a car accident, (301) 854-9000, (410) 995-1515.